Saturday, May 30, 2015

Uno & Other Games

A few months ago we taught Maisie how to play the card game "Uno". She picked it up fast and really enjoys playing it. For a few weeks we couldn't go a day without playing a round or two (or six who am I kidding) before bed. One night after Maisie was already in bed and asleep, I snuck into her room to make sure she was tucked in nicely and to give her a kiss before I went to bed. She stirred for a second, shifting her head on her pillow, but still sound asleep. As I turned to walk out of the room Maisie in a groggy voice yelled "uno!" she must have been dreaming she was playing and was down to her final card. I covered my mouth to stifle my giggles and quickly left the room. The next morning Maisie and I had a good laugh talking about it. All day maisie would pretend she was sleeping and yell "uno!"

Teaching her how to play "Uno" has opened the doors to other fun games that Austin and I actually enjoy playing. I mean no offense to kid games like "Don't Break the Ice", "Go Fish" and "Sneaky Snacky Squirrel", but really there's only so much one can take. I'd prefer a quick paced round or two of "Uno" or a game of "Sorry" any day. 

1 comment: