Sunday, May 24, 2015

Maisie is 5!

Untitled

It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that my little Maisie is now five years old. It seems like just yesterday that I first held her, but yet at the same time it seems like a century ago, like I have always known her. 

My heart swells with love for my Maisie. Austin and I have tried to come up with a word to describe her in the past and the word we always come back to is... sunshine. She is sunshine. She exudes light where ever she goes by being funny and happy nearly 100% of the time. She's quick to forgive and the first to give encouragement. She fills our lives with songs, laughter and love. And even though she has tried (and continues to try) every last inch of patience in my body, I am better because of her. 

Five years ago she flipped my life upside down, but Heaven knows I needed her to give me new perspective on life and for her and the incredible blessing she is to all those around her (especially to me, her daddy and sister), I am eternally grateful. 

1 comment: