Sunday, May 31, 2015

First Steps

Well it starts...

On Friday (the twenty-ninth) I was helping Maisie with cleaning up the girl's room when I was busy putting books away on the bookshelf. Ellie was cruising along the outside of her crib, happy as can be. After a few minutes of going back and forth along her crib, she came to the edge where I was only a foot or two away and she let go (she's been standing for short periods of time for about a week or so now) and I looked at her contemplating if she should step forward. In my head I thought "no way will she do it" but she boldly placed one foot in front of the other and then while attempting to place the other foot, fell into my arms. I couldn't believe it. My TEN month old (who face it, looks like a five or six month old) took her first steps! I know each kid goes at their own pace, but I always assumed Ellie would kind of follow Maisie's timeline. That couldn't be further from the truth though, but for some odd reason I am still surprised when Ellie does things differently than what her big sister had. For example, Maisie wasn't pulling her self up on things until around ten months and didn't take her first steps until she was fourteen months old, but Maisie was already a lot more chatty by this age.  

When Austin came home from work, we sat a few feet away from each other while Ellie practiced her new moves. Within a few minutes she was up to four steps while we all cheered her on. We are all so proud of her and can't wait to see where her sweet and mellow, yet adventurous spirit takes her.

1 comment: