Thursday, September 3, 2015

Maisie starts Kindergarten!!

First day of school pictures:
DSC_2180_Fotor

DSC_2179_Fotor

DSC_2188_Fotor

DSC_2196_Fotor


Her pictures in her classroom:
Untitled

Untitled
These were from early June when her teacher came over to our home to visit with Maisie.

So it happened. The day I have been dreading has come and gone. Maisie has been a full fledged Kindergartener for over a week now. I still find myself distraught by the passing of time, but Maisie is so excited to go to school every morning and that makes things much easier on me. She is so proud to tell me what she had learned about and the fun little songs and quirks of the classroom like "name on the paper, first thing" to the tune of "Shave and a haircut two bits". She has made some friends and she tells me about how she and her group of boys (figures) play "aliens" together at recess.

I look forward to my "jump hug" from her every day when I pick her up and Ellie, while she appreciates the quieter and low-key mornings, is always so excited to see her big sister after school is out.

Our days are busy now, but our family has worked into a nice rhythm. We feel closer to each other and use our time more wisely than before. While I still miss my Maisie Moo every morning, I know she's right where she needs to be and because of that I am happy. And have I mentioned proud? Because there aren't enough words to describe how proud I am of this little person who makes every one so happy.

7 comments:

  1. She is adorable! And I love her spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you all again. Hope it will be soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son’s teachers at Phoenix kindergarten only works 9-3 so some parents may not have the opportunity to get to know them. Make the effort to talk to them or call them to speak about your child's progress.

    ReplyDelete