Tuesday, April 29, 2014

peach & gold nursery inspiration

nursery for Ellie
I have been thinking a lot about Ellie's nursery lately. I was stuck until I asked Maisie for her opinion- since she seems to already know so much about her little sister (including her name). So I asked what would be Ellie's favorite color she quickly responded "peach!" and instantly I agreed.

Now take this collage with a grain of salt because there's no way we will be able to justify buying even half of these items- especially seeing how they are only decorative pieces and heaven knows we need actual functional baby items (why did we get rid of 90% of maisie's things!?) but when browsing the internet this afternoon the world was my oyster, so I put together a dream nursery of sorts.

Ellie will be camped out in our room for awhile so we thought about converting the nook in our bedroom into a make shift nursery. Our master bedroom is gigantic! Like bigger than our living room, dining room and kitchen combined (and they are not tiny). So it really will feel like she will have her own space, but at the same time never too far from me. She will be sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed for the first few months while we get the hang of all those midnight feedings, but I would like to transition her to her crib (er... Maisie's crib?) when she's around 3 to 6 months. We do have a spare bedroom that we were originally going to set up as the nursery, but figured it was pointless because 1) I wouldn't want her in another room from me for the first few months anyway, 2) we plan on having the girls share a room eventually and 3) we would still like a place where we can have guests stay, especially seeing how we will have quite a few visitors after Ellie is born. Less than 12 weeks left people!!

4 comments: