Monday, February 24, 2014

Mama's girl?

Maisie is a bonafide Daddy's girl for the exception when she's hurt or really scared then she wants Mama, but when she wants to cuddle or rough house she immediately heads for Daddy's arms. She still smothers me in daily kisses and gives me unique compliments like "I love your skin, its so warm!" So I try my best not to get too jealous because it's heartwarming watching them, but sometimes I feel like the third wheel who just made them dinner and cleaned the house and bathed the child, yet it's Daddy she wants, but oh well. I like cuddling with him too and he's a good cuddler so I can't blame her for that.

Anyway, since I became pregnant Maisie has made a sudden switch where she only wants me and to be honest I don't hate it. I can't walk out of the room without her inquiring where I am headed. When she wakes up in the morning now instead of going to Daddy's side of the bed to be let up, now she comes to my side. She only wants to cuddle with me. She only wants to play with me and Austin is confused why he's now in the doghouse, but I think kids are so much more aware of change than we give credit for and as excited as Maisie is to meet her little sibling I think she's starting to understand that Mama is going to be busy when baby comes. We talk about it all the time and she knows that the baby needs help doing just about everything and boy, is she eager to help! So i think she's trying to absorb as much of Mama as she can before the baby gets here. The tides will turn again and before I know it daddy will be the favorite again, so I am going to enjoy it while I can and hope Daddy doesn't get his feelings hurt too badly.

Also, a couple weeks ago Maisie was cuddling with me on the couch when she fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't believe it! I can't even begin to explain how rare that is. She did fall asleep with Austin when he was trying to get her to take a nap on Christmas Eve and that was quite the shock as well, but not counting that, the last time she fell asleep in our arms was when she caught the influenza virus 3 days after recovering from croup. She had an 104 fever and fell asleep on my shoulder while waiting in the hospital waiting room. She was a few months shy of 2. So it's such a treat when she willingly falls asleep in our arms without being deathly sick.

I cuddled her for a good hour before I had to sneak off to start dinner, but not before I took a couple pictures of her sacked on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment