Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Affirmation

I remember when I was pregnant with Maisie (4 years ago! What!?) reading in the small section about "pregnancy number two concerns" in my What to Expect book (to this day I don't know why I was reading that section) I just remember the Q&A page that voiced the concern of a mother of a toddler who was pregnant with another baby and she asked: "Will I love this child as much as my first?" I remember scoffing and thinking that despite what my teachers had taught me about "there is no such thing as a dumb question" I read that question and instantly thought that those teachers were quite mistaken. Anyway, it wasn't until Maisie turned two when we were in the talks of growing our family, when I started to experience anxiety about that very subject. I would think it's impossible for me to love more. And it's true, I love my husband and daughter with every ounce of my being and the idea of trying to divide that love? Well, it terrified me.

It wasn't until my wise husband said these words to me that it finally clicked...

"Your love won't divide, it will only grow."

For two years I had told myself those words over and over and now that we are in the throes of growing our family (almost half way there!) I truly and completely believe them. My love for this little one growing within me is already fierce and I have never doubted my connection to it or it's purpose in our lives.

1 comment: