Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rice Hill

A few miles south of Eugene, in the most unlikely of places, is one of the best road trip pit stops ever, Rice Hill. It's a close second for my favorite because I'm partial to the Olive Pit (NOT the Olive Hut) in Corning, California. As much as Maisie loves olives, nothing beats a scoop of chocolate ice cream in a cone.

She has become quite the chocolate lover lately. But I didn't realize how much so until I read her a handful of ice cream flavors (because Rice Hill has 36 flavors to choose from) including birthday cake, Oregon strawberry and bubblegum. And of all the flavors I listed (I'm still in shock that she didn't pick birthday cake!) my child chooses plain chocolate. Austin got strawberry cheesecake and I got pistachio almond and Maisie tried them both and then proudly proclaimed hers was her favorite. What a stinker.

IMG_7362

IMG_7341

IMG_7343

IMG_7342

IMG_7345

IMG_7367

2 comments: