Monday, May 7, 2012

Splash pad fun in Arizona

When Maisie and I landed in Arizona at 9 pm at the Sky Harbor Airport, we walked outside where we were welcomed by the all too familiar Arizona heat. It was 90 degrees and dark. I forgot what it's like to walk outside at night and not need a sweater. Maisie was a happy little girl when Katie picked us up. She was talking up a storm about how the airplane was "high, high, high sky". Her rant was completed with the whooshing sounds of the plane stopping on the runway. This little girl is an expert flyer. She loves it and when I start to freak out because there's more turbulence to my liking (which is any at all) I look at her excited face and I am no longer in panic attack mode. You would think I would be doing the comforting, but no, not when it comes to air travel. I act like I kid, but I'm serious when I tell people that when I have an impending flight, I come to terms with my life. "You did good Sammie". I tell myself because death looms near every time I set foot on a plane. Which has been too many times recently and that's a smidge much on one's psyche.

Anyway, we didn't have much on our agenda this trip. Mainly just to hang out by the pool and splash pad. I wanted some sun on my ever pale body and realizing that I haven't been tan in 3 years is depressing if you're a Lloyd. So that's what we did. We hung out with the family and got plenty of sunshine. Maisie even has tan lines from her new Saltwater sandals and it's one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Lets get to pictures shall we?

IMG_4883

IMG_4899

IMG_4922

IMG_4915


1 comment: