Monday, May 7, 2012

sidewalk chalk & puddle jumping

One morning during our trip in Arizona, everyone was at work so Maisie and I decided to take a stroll to the nearby park. When we got there we noticed that the sprinklers had recently came on leaving puddles galore all over the basketball court. Our original plans of playing with sidewalk chalk seemed to be crushed, but I decided to hand Maisie the bucket of chalk and let her do whatever she wanted. If she wanted to throw her chalk into the water, oh well it's only a matter of a few dollars. She loved coloring with the multicolored chalk, but she really enjoyed taking frequent breaks for some old fashioned puddle jumping. Occasionally sitting in the puddles to splash with her hands and legs. Then the inevitable chalk in water scenario happened, but it wasn't like I was going to bring the chalk back to California anyway. Sidenote: I HATE the feeling of chalk. I think it goes back to my gymnastics days, but you know what's worse than dry chalk? That's right, wet chalk. The strange concoction gets all over the place, rapidly dries, making your hands feel like... well chalk and that's just disturbing. I sucked it up though and let Maisie go chalk crazy and it made me happy to watch her explore with a new medium.

IMG_4947

IMG_4951

IMG_4968

IMG_4973

IMG_4934

IMG_4936

IMG_4948

IMG_4974

1 comment: