Thursday, December 15, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium

IMG_3196

IMG_3215

IMG_3218

IMG_3224

{Lunch break}
IMG_3250

IMG_3240

IMG_3252

IMG_3281
{This girl LOVES lemons}

IMG_3284
{sour face}

IMG_3292

IMG_3192
{Austin in front of Austino's}

IMG_3194


{Back to the Aquarium}
IMG_3331

IMG_3353
Who knew this is what Sand dollars look like in the wild?

IMG_3362

IMG_3383
Throughout the day, hundreds of dolphins made their way in and out of the bay. Since living in California {for almost 2 months} I have seen whales and dolphins, 
but in my whole life in Oregon, never once.

IMG_3370

The weekend after Thanksgiving the Lee crew took a day trip to visit the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was a beautiful, low 70's and perfectly sunny day. We had lunch on a balcony overlooking the whole bay and watched sailboats drift by while enjoying fresh chowder. The aquarium was so nice, I loved how it incorporated the real bay and bay life into the set up exhibits. Maisie had so much fun playing in the kid zone, watching the penguins and standing under the wave/tide simulator {her favorite}. I apologize for the lack of pictures of the more exciting animals {sharks, turtles, penguins} but as anyone knows, trying to take a picture behind glass, of swift moving creatures is hard. So we took tons of video instead, but unfortunately I can't post all of that on here. We just have to make do with the slow/non moving creatures.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great? I love Northern California.
    Hey, I noticed that Austino's is right in front of Kristonio's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different page and thought I may as well
    check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.

    Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

    my webpage - Snapchat PCcSnapchat on pc ()

    ReplyDelete