Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hide your kids. Hide your Toms.

I think I am still in shock, but my beloved Toms are gone.

Last time I had them was the drive/first night at the coast. I remember taking them off by the desk in our room and the next morning as we were walking out the door housekeeping came in to take our towels, make the bed and straighten up a little bit and then when we got back that night they were no where to be found. I seriously wore those shoes every day. I just still can't convince myself that some one (clears throat *housekeeping*) would take them. They were well loved (meaning they are worn, they don't look brand new, but they aren't in bad shape either) could have Maisie thrown them in the trash? This isn't to far fetched because she loves to hide things, but my shoes were on the opposite side of the room. She would have had to crawl over, grab one and then scoot all the way back to the trash and then repeat for the next shoe. I think we would have noticed and I also think Maisie would have done just one and then would be distracted by something else, but they are both just gone.

As we were checking out, my mother in law said something to the front desk and left our address so they could be sent back to us, but I don't think that's going to happen as much as I would like it to. I am pretty bummed. I remember how excited I was to get my first pair and add to the collection, but now I am toms-less. Austin promised I can get a new pair, but it still doesn't bring my other ones back.

I am a little excited to get a new pair because there are so many options. I have always imagined getting a fun/bright pair, but now that I am down a neutral pair, I don't know what to do. Should I get another staple neutral or a fun summery pair?
These were my trusty pals.





These are my contenders...


Right now I am really feeling the coral and aqua ones. But the ivory grosgrain is lovely too.

Any opinions?

9 comments:

  1. Sammie, I have the navy blue ones (except in grey), seriously, my favorite pair of shoes, EVER. And the roping on the side, seems to be more comfortable that my regular toms. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the ash grey ones and I wear them all the time, but I also just recently acquired the bottle green linen ones and I LOVE THEM. Go for bright, and if all else fails you can wear them as if they were a neutral. You live in the Portland area, so you can get away with just about anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just now realized how BEHIND I am in commenting on this blog. Whoops. You probably already purchased a new pair. So now I'm curious: what'd you end up with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. for beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me .

    ReplyDelete

  5. شركة تسليك مجاري بالاحساء شركة تسليك مجاري بالاحساء
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بيارات بالرياض شركة شفط بيارات بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض

    ReplyDelete