Thursday, July 28, 2011

Breaking News

MAISIE CLAIRE TOOK THREE STEPS TONIGHT!!

We have been really working with her by playing games where she will hold my hand and walk to Austin and then when I can't reach any longer she has to reach for Austin's hand. We do this a few times a night, I like to think if anything it's tiring her out, but tonight we made some serious progress.

As she was making her way to my out stretched arm I decided to add a little more distance between her hand and my arm, Austin also let go of her hand a littler early and sure enough with 3 sturdy steps she made her way into my arms.

I think I semi-traumatized her by my reaction. I screamed. Not a blood curdling scream, but it was quite loud. So she threw her little arms around my neck and I curled her in for a big hug. She was all walked out after that. She was proud of herself, but I don't think she was expecting me to make such a big deal about it and honestly I didn't think I would have either. Well, turns out I was just a little too excited.

I think this is the beginning of the end though. There is no going back. I am excited, but she seems much younger than her age simply because she's still not walking, so it will be a shock when she is completely done, but at the same time I am sick of worrying about scrapped up knees and filthy clothes from scooting all over the ground.

Hopefully I will catch the next batch of steps on camera.



More things the "Moo" is up to:

Blowing kisses

"gook" AKA "look" she probably says this a million times a day. No joke.

Signing please (she learned really fast it only took a couple days)

Signing sentences "more. food. please"

Kissing all of her books and toys. This girl seriously kisses everything, spoons, phones, sippy cup, you name it. She makes the perfect lip smack noise too. It's so dang cute.

Nursing about half as much during the day, but still twice during the night (like 2 am and 5 am)

She just now fits into a size 3 shoe (it's still a little loose, but doable). She totally inherited my tiny feet.

She loves brushing her hair using her new soft boar hair brush (she stole it from me).

Falls asleep by herself for all her naps. Some times it takes her a bit, she will talk to her self and sometimes throw her toys overboard, but she eventually falls asleep by herself with out a fuss.

Likes sea salt and vinegar chips. Today while at lunch Maisie started freaking out so I broke a piece of my sea salt and vinegar kettle chip and gave it to her. I thought she would be curious, but I totally thought it was going to end with a puckered face. Nope. She kept signing more all through lunch. At least she was happy though right?

She knows when we are saying bye without actually saying bye. She knows "see you later" " we will catch up then" "talk to you soon" "time to go" "we have to get going" there are a lot more, but it's late and I can't think of any more right now. Austin and I were talking about it and we are not 100% convinced that she actually knows these words/phrases she just knows the sound and tone of when we or some one else is about to leave because she will violently wave her little arm back and forth and the times where she's feeling a little more dainty she will just bend her wrist.

She waves to about every moving thing. People, cars, animals, toys. She is such a little ham.

She has become a professional stair/everything climber. She climbed onto the couch by using a toy to step on. Oy vey!

Smoothies are her current favorite food. I sneak in things like almond butter and spinach to add an extra health factor. Noodles and rice are a close second.

She has started drinking almond milk on a daily basis. She used to have cows milk, but she has decided that she now hates the taste of it.

That's all I can come up with right now, but Maisie is happy and healthy. Pretty soon she is going to be walking! So crazy!








1 comment:

  1. Sooo exciting. Watch out. How cute that she loves to kiss all of her toys, Keenan is not a big kisser but he is a hugger. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete