Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Ellie-isms #1

Untitled

Before I get to the list, I just have to say that I didn't think I would ever be able to compile a list like this for Ellie. The first two years of her life she didn't have much to say and contently let Maisie do all the speaking for her. Also, Ellie was a super serious baby and had no problem letting Maisie be the ham of the family. I don't know if it's because Maisie has been in all day school since last year that made Ellie change her mind or what, but our "quiet, serious child" is most definitely not those things anymore. She is a loud, chatty little thing and she makes it known to those all around her. It has caused quite the dynamic shift between the sisters because they both compete to be the star of the show 24/7- let's just say it's not boring in our home, or quiet for that matter. ðŸ˜¬ 🙉


On to the list! These are some of the things that Ellie has said in the last 3 months:

"I smell something terrible in my nose".

Me: What are we going to do when Maisie goes back to school? Are you going to miss her?
Ellie: Yeah (said sadly). I'm going to play with her hatchimal (said not sadly haha!).

"Is him sad?"  When Evan was crying.

"will you get me more roopee roopes?" AKA root beer

"My little muffin man!" AKA Evan

Ellie and I were watching the "The Great British Bake Off" when I had to pause to change Evan's diaper. I hadn't noticed the screen shot it paused on until Ellie asked "Why her face look like that? Kinda creepy." Evidence below...
Untitled


"Can I have another pup-cake?" aka cup cake. The funny thing is she says cup just fine by itself, but for some reason calls cupcakes pup-cakes. Any form of muffin is also called pup-cakes.

"Want to rub my feet mama?"

"BODY DRUMS!" while vigorously patting Austin's belly.

While taking a bath:
Austin: "Ellie time to clean up your bath toys (Ellie doesn't start picking up so Austin begins the count down "one... two... three" Ellie chimes in sweetly but tauntingly "four? Five??"

We have a book called "Goodnight already" that is about an obnoxious neighbor (Duck) who keeps waking up Bear who is trying to sleep/hibernate. This next interaction between Ellie and Austin is referencing that book:
Austin: Ellie you kept waking me up last night! You were like Duck and I was like Bear from
"Goodnight Already".
Ellie: you were like Bear? And I was like dove??
Austin: no you were like Duck.
Ellie: dove?? (Testing Austin)
Austin: Duck Ellie. You were like Duck. (Thinking she's not hearing him right)
Ellie: swan??

"Is that banana bread?" said when the sacrament/communion was being passed at church.

Ellie to Austin who was holding an aim and flame to light the grill "don't light me on fi-ah".

Austin: Ellie have you seen my sandals?
Ellie: Robin Hood ate them.

Ellie to Austin going to the bathroom:
"Dada are you going number 8?"

"Mama I look beautiful? (After turning her sopping wet hair over her face not unlike the girl from "The Ring" movie) I have a hair patch over my little eye."

On our walk to pick Maisie up from school, Ellie was singing to Evan because he was kind of fussy in the stroller. Ellie then asked Evan if he wanted her to sing a song from Moana. Totally expecting her to belt an actual song from the movie, she surprised me with her own song recapping the entire movie:
"I am Moana.
I want to see the volcano,
But my dad said no."

"Don't squish me like a slug!"

Across the Universe by the Beatles is playing in the car. Ellie recognizes it because Austin sings and plays it on the guitar often.
"Dada that sounds like your guitar!"
when the singing starts:
"That's what you say! That sounds like your voice!"
Half way through the song:
"I really like this song."

"Watch out mama him is dangerous! He pulls hair." warning me about Evan and his treacherous grip.

"I’m terrifighting!" terrifying and fighting mixed?

1 comment: