Sunday, April 26, 2015

Registered for Kindergarten

Untitled


Maisie mastering the art of selfies. I found these by surprise on my phone just a few days ago.

Well, my days of (selfishly) having both my girls home with me are coming to an end. Maisie is officially registered for Kindergarten, with a start date towards the end of August. I am having mixed feelings about it all. On one hand I am so excited for her. Maisie has been wanting to go to school since she was 3 and she is thrilled with the idea that she is going to be a kindergartener. You should see how she lights up when she talks about it. I'm looking forward to seeing the excitement on her face when she sees her classroom and classmates for the first time.

 On the other hand... I am dreading it. Seriously. I am having anxiety over it (and not the good kind). I want to keep her with me for selfish reasons because this is IT. Once she starts there's no going back  and that scares me. I have always thought the most terrifying word was and is the word irreplaceable. And I know that truly my time with my girls attached at my hip is in fact irreplaceable. Nothing will fit that spot the same. But I also know good things will come from the changing of seasons. I just need to focus on savoring the season I am currently in and not spend my time, thoughts and energy dreading the end of it. So that's what I am trying to do.

So here's to soaking up one more summer before school begins!

1 comment: