Sunday, November 23, 2014

The beginning of fairies...

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”-J.M Barrie (Peter Pan)

Ellie is a serious little baby. Happy, but serious and I love that about her, but getting her to laugh has been tough. She smiles like crazy (she even has two very specific smiles) and has since the beginning. She would even make smile noises- you know, like just the first breath of a laugh and I guess if we wanted to we could count that as a laugh, but we were holding out for the real deal. 
WELL...
Today she laughed her first laugh! 
And it was glorious.
There we were eating our Sunday breakfast when Maisie decided mid bite to take a little break to jump around the table and it was just too difficult for Ellie to contain her glee. She busted up, complete with a couple happy squeals and a Maisie-like chortle (those of you who knew maisie when she was a baby, know exactly what I am talking about). I have thought about that darling little laugh all day. It makes me excited to hear it more often, but at the same time it was a sweet reminder to take joy in the little things. 
I truly hope that I never take for granted the giggles that fill our home.

2 comments: