Friday, August 10, 2012

Picking Strawberries @ Gizdich Ranch

ranch1

ranch7

ranch6

ranch3

IMG_6861

IMG_6859

IMG_6827

IMG_6841

ranch2

IMG_6879

ranch4

ranch5

Wednesday, a friend picked me and Maisie up and we made our way towards Watsonville to a family owned farm for a play date. We met a handful of our mommy friends and their babes and had such a fun day picking strawberries, eating delicious picnic food and letting the kids go crazy exploring the farm. Their strawberry shortcake a la mode (yes it had icecream AND homemade whipped cream) was the best I have ever had (that's saying something) and I plan on making another trip specifically for another round of that bad boy. I brought Austin home a slice of Strawberry Rhubarb pie (his favorite other than key lime or lemon meringue) and he ate it all in less than a minute, so I am guessing that it was pretty dang good as well. Next time we head to Sunset beach (same town just way west), this will be our first stop.

8 comments:

  1. I've just found my way to your blog its lovely, these photos are lovely. thank you for reminding me of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Maisie's dress! Did you make it? The fabric looks like some I've admired from Amy Butler for a long while now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley! You flatter me too much! No I did not make her dress. I do love Amy Butler fabrics though! :) This little gem came from good ole Target (last year) haha!

    ReplyDelete