Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dear Future Baby Number 2

Hi My Sweet Baby,

I used to think that you and your older sister Maisie would be close in age, but at this rate it might be another year (or 2 or 3) before you make your way into my arms. You see, as much as I would love to meet you sooner and become a little family of four, your big sister has not been so kind to her mama. She insists on keeping her very exhausted mother up every night with needy pleas to play, hold her, feed her and cuddle her. These are all things that I love doing for little Maisie, but at midnight then again at 2 am, 3 am and 5 am, not so much. The hardest part of all is that after each rough night she wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:45am and then is a a cranky girl (and I'm a cranky mama too) all day because of the lack of sleep.

Your mommy had all-day (not just morning) sickness and was very tired was when she was pregnant with your big sister and even risking that again while being beyond exhausted might be a deadly combo, for me that is (and maybe your father). I just don't think I am ready to do that again so soon.

Please be patient little one. You will join this family soon enough. We will pray for you and when the time is right, I will hold you in my arms, but for now you are just a twinkle in my eye. I love you sweet baby.

-Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment