Friday, February 11, 2011

7 & 9 Month Appointments

I have been promising that I am going to post Maisie's 7 month appointment numbers for awhile now, but todays the day! We had Maisie's 9 month appointment on Monday because she was showing signs of an ear infection and we wanted to get it checked out. Turns out her ears are just dandy and it was just a cold and crankiness from said cold. She's better now, but shes now going through her 9 month growth spurt and if I am already not getting enough sleep this is just the icing on the cake. I am one tired mommy. She woke up every hour from 9pm last night to 6:30 this morning. I'm praying that she takes a good nap, that way I can catch up on some much needed shut eye as well.

Here are the promised growth numbers:
Birth- weight: 7 pounds 0 oz height: 19.5 inches
1 week- weight: 7 pounds 3 oz (gained the 4% body weight she lost in the hospital plus 3 oz)
2 weeks- weight: 7 pounds 15 oz height: 21.25 inches
2 months- weight 11 pounds 1 oz height: 23 inches
5 month- weight 15 pounds 5 oz height: 26 inches
7 month- weight: 16 pounds 14oz height: 27 inches
9 month- weight: 17 pounds 15 oz height:28 inches

She is growing like crazy and I know I say this too much, but it is so bittersweet. I know that she is healthy and thriving, but day by day she loses some of her baby-ness. In 3 months she will be a year old and not only is that a day to celebrate Maisie, but that is a huge milestone for me- 1 year since giving birth; an amazing expirence that now defines me as a person. Shesh, as excited as I am to celebrate my little baby's birth, I can be patient and I will just savor the little (and big) moments.


2 comments: