Sunday, December 12, 2010

O Tannenbaum

Last Monday we headed to Scholls Oregon to go to a family Christmas tree farm our friends had recommended. The 20 minute drive was so beautiful. We cruised the country roads and it wasn't raining that day and that rarity alone made it all the better. Maisie was bundled up tight and we were excited to hunt down our very first Christmas tree. The noble firs were stunning! About five minutes into the search we spotted a great contender, but we wanted to keep looking. We remembered the spot and kept going. We hiked all the way up and over and even though 99.9 percent of the trees were gorgeous, they just weren't the right fit for us. We kept laughing to ourselves wondering if the first tree was the right one. Sure enough, after an hour we headed back to "our tree". While Austin was busy sawing away I set a towel down and had a little photo shoot with Maisie, but before I share some of the pictures, Maisie gave us quite the scare...

Maisie is fearless now. I don't know what happened in the past 2 weeks, but shes such an adventurous and incredibly curious baby. I had just sat Maisie down on the towel and as I was getting the camera out of my purse Maisie lunged forward grabbed a huge handful of pine needles and dirt and tried shoving all of it in her mouth. I swept her up and pulled all the debris out of her little hands and wiped off her face and did a couple mouth checks. I sat Maisie back down and started to take some pictures until she fell over sideways and proceeded to roll in the dirt. The ground was soft and she was loving the change of scenery. I cleaned off her white sweater (why do we dress our kids in white!?) and the dirt she managed to get on her face. I plopped her up-right again and continued on in the photo shoot. Then she started to act a little funny. She was still full of smiles, but in between she was making a weird chewing motion with her mouth (like a cow does while chewing on long grass). I picked her up in a panic thinking something was in her mouth I opened her mouth as much as she would let me and I didn't see anything. Austin kept reassuring me that she was just fine, but I when I was holding her she began to open her mouth really wide and continue to do the chew thing. She was still breathing, but definitely focused on what was in her mouth. Austin helped me hold her while I did the "2 finger scoop" and sure enough I felt something. She opened her mouth really wide this time and I saw a 2 inch pine needle in the back of her throat. I grabbed it out and sure enough Maisie was fine. She continued like nothing ever happened. Thank heaven! On to the pictures!


Baby Maisie & Baby Tree




Watching Dada cut our tree down.



Meet Maisie's New Toy, The Tree.

A little update for you... Maisie is a rolling machine! Man, she can move now. She no longer minds being on her belly because she can get around now. She wants to constantly roll under the Christmas tree and then grab the lower branches and shes even tried to chew on a couple of them, but that was a no go. It's so fascinating see my baby become mobile! It's only going to get more exciting from here. I am a little nervous, but bring on the baby proofing!

Maisie has her 6 month (but really 7 month) appointment tomorrow. Expect an update!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree Sammie! But Maisie outshines it by miles. She is so so beautiful! Can't wait to see you all again. BTW Lauren & Corban had their baby, Cooper, last Friday. All went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pick on the tree Sammie. I bet the little one is loving it. Can't believe how big she is getting. Miss and love you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was
    just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do
    you protect against it, any plugin or anything you
    can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.


    Look into my web page - Penis Enlargement Bible Pdf

    ReplyDelete