Sunday, November 7, 2010

Milk Machine to Future Food Factory?

Maisie has had her first tastes of real food, so far only oatmeal and pumpkin, but I can already tell I am going to be obsessed with making her homemade baby food. The recipe of disaster is this: 1) I already love to cook and 2) So far her main food source is breast milk, I.E liquid gold. You can't get any better than that. It was specifically made just for her and what she needs. Being the proud breast feeding mama that I am, I naturally only want the best food for her. Nothing else simply won't do. I think the only way for me to ease my fears of her weaning early, is knowing that if she does wean early, she is getting organic, made with love, goodness. Of course I understand that it's not entirely realistic to say I will never give her premade food, so if I do have to bust out a jar of natures best every once and a while, so be it. But my goal is to try to make a great majority of her food. So far the only tool I have is a borrowed magic bullet, but after much research I have found my dream machine...

voilĂ !
Meet the baby cook. It steams, purees, defrosts and reheats and I want it! Badly. My only concern is that in order to make a decent sized freezer batch it will take multiple uses. The only thing is that I would only have to place the veggies or fruit in and I hate to sound like Ron Popeil here, but "set it and forget it!" So what I have to cook the food in batches and then blend it. I will totally deal. I am very tempted to make this my Christmas wish, but I figure with good money management and a little saving I can get it before Christmas. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Do I need to send some frozen red chili burro's from Jordon's. It's all natural. Remember Sam, I was a friendly dad, you know, Pepsi, pudding, cookies, milk duds, soap ETC. and you turned out just fine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete