Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

I have always been fond of Halloween. I mean who doesn't like to play dress up and eat way to much candy? But this one was extra special because it was Maisie's very first Halloween! We had so much fun together as a family, carving our pumpkins, roasting the seeds, baking cookies, watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and of course busting into our delicious candy stash. We only had three trick or treaters, but as Austin says "that's more candy for us!"

Our friends had their baby at 12:14 am on Halloween, so for a chunk of the day we were at the hospital visiting them and their precious new born, Ella. She is just darling and it was mind blowing to think that 5 1/2 months ago we were in the hospital welcoming sweet Maisie into the world. Our baby girl feels like a giant compared to 8 pound Ella. We are so happy and excited for our dear friends. It was great to celebrate the birth of their second daughter with them this eventful Halloween.

I thought I would post a couple pictures of our first family Halloween. Enjoy!


The Lee Family & Our Pumpkins,
"Mummy dearest" & "Bone Daddy"

Maisie & The Pumpkins
(Don't worry I'm holding on to her. You can see my fingers on her right shoulder.)

My Sweet Muffin

The Perfect Onesie Nana Sent Maisie.
Currently Maisie's favorite game

Right now Austin and I are getting a taste of what it will be like to have two children. We are watching our friends eldest (15 months old) daughter over night while they are still at the hospital. So far it has been great. The little beauties (Livvie and Maisie) are both sound asleep and we are hoping everything will run smoothly, but with a 15 month who misses her parents and a teething 5 1/2 month old things could get pretty interesting. haha!

Today Maisie got her first taste of pumpkin (mixed with lots of breast milk of course). We picked a farm fresh pumpkin and I decided that we could carve it and save the scraps so I could whip up some fresh pumpkin puree. It turned out great and Maisie loved it too! She has only had her oatmeal cereal a handful of times (I didn't even want to attempt feeding her solids while she was sick) but I originally wanted to skip the rice or oatmeal cereal all together and just stick to organic veggies and fruits, but our pediatrician thought it would be best because of all the iron packed into the cereals. So we have done that like I said a handful of times, but now its on to the good stuff! Then after I try the veggies and fruits and rule out if theres any risk of allergy I will mix a little bit of the oatmeal in it. Anyway, I made a ton of the pumpkin puree and also steamed some honeycrisp apples and mixed the two for future feedings. It turned out very delicious! I freezed a bunch and saved some of the plain pumpkin for tomorrow and the next couple days of feedings.

I need to do a big update on the haps of Maisie and I need to include the pictures and story of her very first feeding. I will try to do that tomorrow (fingers crossed). She is growing so fast and it's hard to keep up with all the new stuff she is up to! But I thought I would post about our first family Halloween. It was a perfect start to the holiday season! I am so excited for all of the festivities to begin!

1 comment:

  1. I also didn't do much cereal, but did want Finn to get some iron as well, so I've found something that works really well and doesn't make me feel like I am just giving him total filler. I pureed a bunch of zucchini. It turned out really runny.

    Each night I pull out his purees for the next day to thaw. For breakfast, he always gets prunes (from a jar...the only thing I am too lazy to make myself) mixed with some sort of fruit or squash or pumpkin and also a zucchini cube mixed with Earth's Best Multi-Grain Cereal. The zucchini is runny enough that I don't have to add any water. Like I said before, I am glad that he's getting a little cereal (only about 1 tablespoon), but because I'm mixing it with the liquid from the veggie and the puree, I still feel like he is getting a lot of nutrition from it.

    Loving the pictures. I'm so glad you blog. It makes me feel like I totally know what is happening with your family! We don't see you enough, so at least we have the blog connection, right :)

    ReplyDelete