Thursday, December 27, 2012

A New Camera Christmas

Austin really pulled out all the stops this Christmas and got me the DSLR camera I have wanted for, well forever. As readers of this blog you probably see that I take a ton of pictures. I would say that it's my biggest hobby and I thoroughly enjoy time behind the camera. So when I opened my gift from him I was thrilled! I immediately started to take pictures until I started to realize that I have a lot of learning to do. I hate wasted potential, so I plan on getting all I can out of this camera. 

Here are some pictures from Christmas day using my new Nikon D3100 with an 18-55mm lens.

DSC_0080

DSC_0028

DSC_0082

DSC_0074

As for Maisie's Christmas, she was spoiled! Austin and I kept it simple with just a couple semi-bigger gifts (a wooden doll house and a tea set) and the rest of the family got her so many fun and thoughtful gifts. Maisie is loving all of the wooden food sets (and mixer) and her favorite gift of the year... a real Woody doll from Toy Story. She loves him. She wants to take him every where and talks to him all day long. It's really sweet. 

This Christmas was by far the best in a long time. Maisie gets the whole concept now and is so excited by every light, every cookie and every story. It's so heartwarming to have a 2 1/2 year old on Christmas. I'm already excited for next year! 3 1/2 will be just as great!

No comments:

Post a Comment