Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Friends, Family & Facetime

Our little family has been very busy the past few weeks. I am now (with the help of anti-biotics) on the up and up from a darn sinus infection, but other than that in great spirits. Our new place becomes more cozy by the day and with the sun shining (whats that again?) today, I am happy.

Last night we had good friends over that we haven't seen in awhile. We were all high-school friends and it's great to still be close. Nat, Austin and myself have a weekly Settlers of Catan night where we make root-beer floats, snack on chips and try our best to make those 10 points as fast as we can. Anyway, Cameron (whom I have known since kindergarten and also one of Austin's best friends) and his wife Kristen, joined our Catan party which we named "Yes we Catan!". Austin took the cake which was a surprising result because he usually places last, but it was a good round and he deserved the win. The Catan match was then followed by the "Name game" or "Who am I?" Where you pick a name put it on your forehead and ask yes or no questions to figure out who you are. Some of the names included in last nights match were Kramer from Seinfeld, Richard Simmons, Willy Wonka, Ronald McDonald, Sarah Palin, Paul McCartney and Bill Murray. It was good to fill our new house with old friends and have some good laughs.

As for tonight, my dear sister has blessed herself with an iPhone 4 and we got our facetime on. It honestly felt a nice visit rather than a phone conversation. We were laughing and feeling like we were really in each others company. It was seriously amazing. I am now convinced that everyone should have it. Maisie was down for the night so she didn't get a chance to play with her Aunt, but we will try tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at this- Paul and I have been big Catan fans since highschool and have even been known to mix up the game a little so we can play it together one-on-one. Glad you guys had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it
    helped me out much. I am hoping to give one thing again and help others such as you helped me.



    Feel free to visit my page; pro extender user before and after

    ReplyDelete