Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where Did My Newborn Baby Go?

Maisie will be 4 months old in 6 days! I really cannot believe how much time has literally flown by. I look at her newborn pictures and am in awe. She has changed so much and has lost most of her "newborness". I'm thrilled by her growth, but at the same time where did my teeny tiny baby go?

She has really kicked things into high gear. She rolls over (not by accident anymore) and she is trying to crawl so bad, but not yet coordinated or strong enough (thank heaven because we still have to finish baby proofing our apartment). She grabs everything and sticks it in her mouth including, but not limited to: my hair, her clothes, my jewelery, her dolly's face, daddy's nose and pretty much anything she can get her little hands on now. She is quite the talkative child as well. From an early age she has loved the sound of her own voice. She would chit-chat with herself for hours making various vowel sounds, but now it sounds like she is trying to communicate with Austin and I. She has discovered how to make "M" sounds, so a lot of the times it sounds like she is saying "ma ma and maaaa" melts my heart every time! Maisie is also a little copy cat. She can stick out her tongue, and even make kissy noices when prompted.

I just can't get over how much she has changed already. Almost 4 months ago she was just a little squishy "thing" ( I say that affectionately ). I now see her funny little personalty and temperament. I am such a proud mommy. I really am so blessed to have this little angel as my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment