Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shots, Updates and Goals. Oh My!


Late yesterday afternoon Austin and I packed Maisie up to go to her 2 month appointment. (I still can't believe that my little Maisie is 9 weeks old!) We were a little apprehensive about this appointment because this is when most children start their immunizations. I have been on the fence about this subject because it seems like every one has an opinion. For example: "I would NEVER get my kids immunized!" or "Why in the world wouldn't you!?" It really makes a new mom doubt herself. I have read articles about cases of Autism that were supposedly caused by infant vaccinations and it's a very scary thought. Austin and I really had to sit down and talk about what WE thought and honestly, if we had to choose if our child had a chance to develop Autism or something life threatening, we personally would pick Autism. Now I know that's an awful thought, but that's what made our decision a little easier. After probably an hour of talking with our pediatrician (whom we love) on what would be best for us, we decided that we would get the first round of vaccines. I had to leave the room while they were being administered I just couldn't do it. She has been a trooper though, just a little more on the drowsy side and when shes up she seems a little more quick to fuss, but other then that it hasn't been too terrible. We feel like we made the right decision for our family and that's all we can try to do by days end.

Anyway, enough talk about the shots on to the updates!

I thought it would be fun to do all of her updates from her first mommy/baby appointment to her 2 month appointment.

Birth: Weight: 7 pounds 0 oz Height: 19.5 inches
1 week: Weight: 7 pounds 3 oz (gained the 4% body weight she lost in the hospital plus 3 oz)
2 weeks: Weight: 7 pounds 15 oz Height: 21.25 inches
2 month: Weight: 11 pounds 1 oz Height: 23 inches

She is in the 50th percentile for weight 75th percentile in height and just above the 50th percentile in head circumference. Shes a healthy and happy 2 month old.

Here are some goals I hope to accomplish in a month:

1) Get family pictures taken.
2) Make a chandelier mobile for Maisie. She loves our ceiling fan and I want to make her something a little more pretty to look at then that. :-)
3) Try putting Maisie down for a nap in her crib everyday.
4) Have a picnic in Washington Park.
5) Make it to another Thursday night dinner at my Aunt Lori's home. Maisie is still wanting to meet little Finn!

Well that's enough chit chat for tonight... How about some pictures!?

No comments:

Post a Comment